21 December 2009

Recipe: Sesame Noodles





Back with another recipe. :)
My friend and I made this for a Christmas party we went to, and they were def a hit. I've also made them with my mom to sell at the shows at my high school. Yum.They're really simple! Ingredients are highly flexible, play around with it.
Sesame Noodles

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Fettucini Noodles
Baked Tofu
Broccoli
Shredded Carrots
Shredded Cabbage
Pea Pods
Zucchini

for the sauce -
Sesame Oil
Soy Sauce
Rice Vinegar
Brown Sugar
Ground Ginger

Instructions:
Start boiling the water for the noodles.
Mix together the sauce. I started with about a third of a cup (I think) each of the sesame oil, soy sauce, and rice vinegar, with a few spoonfuls of brown sugar and ginger. The sauce is to taste, so however bitter/sweet/whatever you want make it!

(a sad attempt to show the ingredients.
this was taken after we had finished as an afterthought.)

Break the spaghetti into thirds before you put it in the pot, they're easier to eat and more fun that way. Add a dash of olive oil to keep them from sticking to the pot.
For the tofu, you can either get prebaked tofu or do it yourself. It's usually easier to buy it prebaked, so if you do that just place them on a cookie sheet covered in foil. Cut the tofu up into little cubes and drizzle the sauce over them so it bakes into the tofu. Stick the cookie sheet in the oven for a few minutes, preheated to about 300 F or so. Take them out and marvel at their deliciousness and sneak a few into your stomach.
After the noodles are done, drain and place in large bowl. Add whatever veggies you want, the more you have and the more colourful they are the better!
Throw in the tofu and mix them all together. Dump the sauce aaaalll over that goodness and stir. Add in more sauce as needed - I just throw whatever I think I need straight in. More soy sauce? In it goes! More rice vinegar? Here we go! Again, make it to taste. Everyone likes it made differently.
Take a cute picture with the food. Then enjoy!

(my friend Hillary who stood by lookin' pretty as we made these.)

No comments:

Post a Comment